Efex™ Chinoiserie Cabinet





I love almost anything Chinoiserie so when I had an opportunity to redo this cabinet with Efex™ Furniture Appliques, I couldn’t wait to get started. Every room needs a pop of red so I chose Emperor’s Silk Chalk Paint from Annie Sloan. Two solid coats and I was finished.
Efex™ offers a huge selection of appliqués and trim. They have a reed and flower (T 63) that looks very Chinoiserie,  almost a faux bamboo, that was my first choice but it wasn’t quite wide enough for this project. But the  Efex Large Art Deco (T 27)  trim also has a great repeating pattern and it was the perfect width. I still had Rustoleum  spray paint (Metallic Brass) left over from my picture frame upgrade so I sprayed 2 pieces of the T 27 trim. Once it was dry, I cut it into 6 pieces and attached it with contact cement.
To enhance the handles I cut 2 complete patterns from the Efex Greek Scroll (T 14) trim and painted them with the same Metallic Brass paint. Because they are flexible, I was able to slide them over the handles and glue them almost as a faceplate. The two patterns work well together and give the cabinet a more Asian style. I also used Gilding Wax on the feet, and as accents on the edges and already existing trim.
Using the Efex™ trim allowed me to think outside the box, especially for the handles and I love how this cabinet turned out. If you are planning to add trim or appliqués to a project, check them out. They are so easy to work with and look amazing.
Efex™ is sponsoring a fabulous giveaway for the readers of Colorways but it is ending on the 29th, so be sure to sign up today. You don’t want to miss out. Click on the link below  to register. Good luck and I hope you win.



No comments:

Post a Comment