On the Side






Inspiration for today's color palette comes online catalog  Soft Surroundings via Pinterest.. I love the combination of soft neutrals on this vintage style sideboard.  Even a basic used sideboard can be transformed with paint and decorative moldings can be added to create interest.


Using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® start with a coat of French Linen. Over that layer Duck Egg Blue. Add Coco for shadows and Old White for highlights. Next time you consider purchasing a factory made reproduction also consider picking up something secondhand from a consignment  shop or craigslist. Chances are it will be a fraction of the price and you can make it yours with a little paint.
I receive many questions about the techniques I use when working on old furniture. New things are happening behind the scenes at Colorways! A newly designed website will be launched, hopefully this month. One of the new elements will be a series of short videos on how to do the techniques I use: paint layering, washes, color mixing, drybrushing etc. And to start things off there will an exciting contest/giveaway. Look for more details in upcoming posts.





I love consoles and sideboards. For more of my posts on these great serving pieces see,  Country Sideboard,   French Sideboard, and  Country Console

I like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  for my craft and furniture projects, but for walls nothing compares to Pure & Original Fresco Lime Paint. I love the natural variations of shades and tones the lime creates within one paint color. You have to see how gorgeous it is! Checkout my most recent interior design make overs with Fresco. It can be purchased online at www.502paint.com

Bohemian inspir


P.S  Pure and Original also makes a chalk based paint called Classico in 140 colors! Its amazing too!

12357029_1656390691305874_742157543163796326_o

12 comments:

  1. I am SO looking forward to your tutorial videos, Leslie! I REALLY want to recreate this look on my fabric storage cabinet in my studio. I would love to see how I could actually do the technique that you wrote of. Thank you for thinking of us!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie,
      You are so great about giving me feedback. I really appreciate it. It helps me to know what techniques to focus on. Thanks,
      Leslie

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see your website! Thank you so much for your willingness to teach those of us who love what you do.

    The piece above is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a great example of what is available to purchase($$$) if you want something new, rather than do it yourself(so easy) on an old piece. It also shows the popularity of this style.
      Thanks,
      Leslie

      Delete
  3. I am also looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just on pinterest and tried to access this piece via your blog, but it doesn't let me. You can only get to either Wayfair or Amazon by clicking on your image. I've included the link so you can see what I'm talking about. You might want to say something because it's the strangest thing I've seen on Pinterest of late. This piece is awesome by the way. http://foter.com/explore/distressed-white-bedroom-furniture#

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't suppose those tutorials were completed were they?

    ReplyDelete