A Supporting Role





This heavy old mirror was a dark walnut when I found it in at a flea market. Due to age, some of the silvering has worn away (most noticeable in the top left corner) and it has a wavy look you sometimes see in old glass. At first, before I painted it,  I used it as a tray on top of a table to add some light to a darker area of the room. It served well in that role for a few years.

I need something to fill a spot after some of my pictures that had been mounted with Command Strips, fell off the walls and broke (The walls had been freshly painted and I didn't want to put new nail holes in the wall.. Big Mistake!). Thus, the mirror lost its supporting role and needed refreshing with a coat of paint. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®, Paris Grey for the first coat and followed with a wash of French Linen.  Graphite  and Old White were added by dry brushing for additional depth.

*If you would like more details on the process I used on the walls (Royal Designs Stencil and Chalk Paint), I posted about it here.


For more mirror projects see my posts, DIY Sunburst,  Sunburst Mirror Step by Step,  and Mirror Image
  

No comments:

Post a Comment