Ralph Lauren





Color Inspiration for today comes from the designer, Ralph Lauren.  Found on Pinterest (of course), this smallish planked top table is featured on Ralph Lauren Home  in a color I always associate with his designs and products: denim blue. A complicated color, based on the fabric it is usually a combination of several blue shades and tints. Like a pair of old blue jeans faded from years of washings and wear. A style Ralph Lauren does so well.

Old planked top tables can be found at most flea markets, consignment and used furniture stores, ebay, craigslist at reasonable prices. They are simple to paint and many prefer to leave the top in its natural state. Leave the cracks, add some paint, and lightly sand. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® is a perfect for this look. Any combination of the colors shown above will work. Or you can purchase this table at Ralph Lauren Home. MSRP $1270.

If you love blue as I much as I do, check out my posts, Chinese Apothecary Cabinet where I use a combination of ASCP blues, Country Blue Wardrobe  and how to make a Denim Blue.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite color blue to use as an accent in my shabby chic farmhouse. I lovvve the worn, faded, chipped look this table has. I think it's time for me to paint over the bright aqua that my fabric cabinet is currently wearing and replace it with this color. Thanks for another great inspirational post, Leslie! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete