Swedish Country Style




This old pine cupboard has a naturally primitive and simple style.  I used a color palette of whites and greys, often found on Swedish country antiques. In order to allow the grain to show through the paint, I added water to Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and applied the paint as a wash. Old White was used on the frame and top and Paris Grey followed by Pure White on the drawer facings. A little dark wax was added over the Old White. Simple and beautiful!

I love consoles and sideboards. For more of my posts on these great serving pieces see,  Country Sideboard,   French Sideboard, and  Country Console


7 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Leslie! If this wood is pine, did you have any trouble with the knots showing through? I have a small, oak piece that may be the perfect piece for a similar look. Thank you so much for sharing...Pinworthy! :)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin,
      Great to hear from you. I did not have any trouble with this and did not seal it. But it would not hurt to seal with shellac anything you think might give you trouble down the road. I did not follow that rule of thumb (see my next post) and really regret it. It seems like once bleed starts it takes so many more coats to contain it. I need to remember that next time.
      Leslie

      Delete
  2. I love this! You have such a great eye for color! I keep reading your stuff thinking it will sink in my brain, but so far, no.......... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie,
      It just takes a little practice... you can do it! Thanks,
      Leslie

      Delete
  3. Beautiful work. I love coming to this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary,
      I appreciate you taking the time to let me know. It keeps me going.
      Leslie

      Delete
  4. Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I am hoping to present something again and aid others such as you helped me.
    Painting budget Nepal

    ReplyDelete