Fresco Mirror



My introduction to Pure & Original Paint was through their Classico, a chalk based paint, but my new love is their Fresco Lime paint. You can use it in so many applications, furniture, walls, indoors and out. I’ve never painted with anything like it before and it’s really got my creative juices going. It’s usually applied with a large brush, using a one direction stroke. Pure & Original recommends using their primer, but I wanted to see what happens if you go straight to the paint. Amazing! It adheres like chalk paint, has the same matte finish but you can get the layered look with just one color. There is so much variance of texture and tone, it looks like you painted with several shades of a color.
lagoon water copy
You may remember this mirror, I blogged about it here. It hangs in my foyer and was a flea market find. Originally yellow, I had painted with four colors of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and sealed it with her wax. It’s always a risk to paint over wax. It can repel paint and prevent it from adhering. One of the the things I love about Annie’s paint is that you can paint right over a wax finish, no prep required. You can do the same thing with P&O’s Classico, but I didn’t know if it was possible with the Fresco. (Pure & Original recommends using their primer).
lagoonmirror copy
You know I’m all about easy, so I gave it a go. I brushed on the Fresco Lime, in Lagoon Water, in a heavier than usual coat. After it was dry I used a very fine grit sanding sponge and lightly sanded. Sanding really brings out the texture and variance of shade. I used the tiniest bit of White on the edges and a heavy dose of gilding wax. No wax or sealer. That’s all. Fresco Lime is my new favorite paint.
lagoon water


I’ve just started exploring the possibilities of Fresco Lime. For more of my projects using Pure & Original Paint, check out these posts: Fresco Lime Paint, Pure & Original Paint Colors – Storm, Pure & Original Classico.  And to purchase Pure & Original Paint, go to www.pureoriginalpaint.com

2 comments:

  1. Hiện nay, nhu cầu vận chuyển hàng hóa bằng được sắt đang gia tăng rất nhanh chóng. Trong đó, vận chuyển container đường sắt là sự lựa chọn của phần đông cá nhân, công ty, doanh nghiệp. Nếu có nhu cầu sử dụng dịch vụ, hãy liên hệ ngày với Ratraco Solutions qua hotline 0965 131 131 để được tư vấn cụ thể hơn nhé.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expert Baseball Picks Today from Expert MLB Handicappers bk8 bk8 betway betway 163였지타타타타타타타타 팈지타타

    ReplyDelete