Color Studies/Green/Lime Green


 I 've been working on some color studies lately to expand my range of greens. One of my clients is wanting a lime green for a project, similar to the green in the photo above. A strong and powerful pop of color.  More on the actual project later. For now I am working on establishing a sample of the range of green shown on the planters.



This is a theoretical representation of the range of Lime Greens I'm looking for. My next step will be to try mixing actual paint samples to make this green.


These color cards show the results of mixing Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Antibes Green and English Yellow in varying proportions, 1:1, 2:1, and 1:2. I like to keep a record when I mix colors so I can refer to them on later projects.  Next I will mix Antibes Green with Arles for a comparison and sharing those tomorrow.


Mixing standard colors in different amounts and combinations is a great way to create a diverse and unique color palette. To see some the custom colors you can make from Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®, see my posts, Mixing for Green, Mixing for Purple, and Mixing for Orange.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie! I simply love your site and admire you sooo much for your color-knowledge and painting skills. I could look at your pictures on and on and on and find so much love and passion and movement. I found your site just yesterday but cant stop studying it. I myself would love to be able to paint the way you do. I can see you dont have FB , is it possible to share your photos on FB? I do hope Annie Sloan has discovered your site, she would be sooo delight to see it. Hope hearing from you Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna,
      Thank you so much! I am really new to the blogging, social networking scene and have alot to learn. The only other connection to my blog is Pinterest, so its amazing anyone finds me. I actually did sign up for FB yesterday,but it will be awhile before I post much. Just getting the blog the way I want it is taking longer than I expected.
      Some of the Chalk Paint retailers have used my images on their blogs and FB pages, but I dont know if Annie Sloan has seen any of my work. ( i'm a huge Annie fan).
      If you have any experience with Chalk Paint, you can easily get a finish like the ones in the photos. My process is so simple... pick 2 or 3 (or more) colors and paint them on in separate layers, purposely leaving gaps so the under layers show through. Also just keep going until you are satisfied, adding paint here and there. Many times I use a photo for inspiration, and it helps with color choice.Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment,
      Leslie

      Delete
  2. Hi Leslie! Nice to see you on FB, and thank you for your answer. As you found I am stockist of Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan and imagine the next month I am going to Oxford for oneday class with Annie Which is so exciting. Today I had a workshop and printed some of your photos and had as an ispiration for the girls and all of them were soooo delighted and as you can on fb one got inspired of you and turned her chair and this little cupboard inte a mix of Anitbes, Florence, Provence and dark vax. Thank you Lesile for your lovely pictures. Warm regards Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna,,
      What is the name of your shop? Did you post photos from your workshop, I would love to see them.
      Leslie

      Delete
    2. I wrote you an e-mail Leslie with the name of the shop and links to Fb and website. Have you got it?

      Delete