Diy Efex Gilt Mirror



Efex Mirror1I don’t have a picture of this mirror “before”, but believe me it was very ordinary. Just your basic 24″ x 36″ dark brown wall mirror. I had been working on my Efex Christmas tree ornaments when I decided it was due for an upgrade.
Efex mirror beforeUsing my favorite Rustoleum spray paint, I gave the frame a quick coat of gold. I also sprayed  2 pieces of Efex, (T31), those wonderful flexible furniture appliqués .

Open Leaf  t31They were too wide to attach as a strip on the frame, so I cut the strips apart and placed them in pairs symmetrically around the edge. Once I had a pattern I liked I used contact cement to adhere them.
Efex Mirror 3A quick footnote..I like to paint my pieces before gluing. I think the coverage is better and usually touch ups are minimal and can be done with a Krylon Gold Leaf Pen.
EM5
  
Efex Mirror 2

I love the way this turned out. A quick, easy and inexpensive upgrade to a most ordinary mirror.
EMComp copy

For more Efex projects, see my posts, Sparkle Your holiday Decor Chinoiserie Cabinet,   Easy Picture Frame Upgrade And to find an Efex dealer so you can make your own upgrade to that dull boring, mirror, just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment