Swedish Style

A warm grey sets the tone for a Gustavian palette

For other ways to create a style and finish reminiscent of Swedish antiques, check out my posts Country Sideboard,  Swedish Country Style,  and A Carl Larsson Pink

I like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  for my craft and furniture projects, but for walls nothing compares to Pure & Original Fresco Lime Paint. I love the natural variations of shades and tones the lime creates within one paint color. You have to see how gorgeous it is! Checkout my most recent interior design make overs with Fresco. It can be purchased online at www.502paint.com
Bohemian inspir
P.S  Pure and Original also makes a chalk based paint called Classico in 140 colors! Its amazing too!
12357029_1656390691305874_742157543163796326_o

2 comments:

  1. What's the sequence of color application on this piece? Clear wax, dark wax, or both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb,
      This was a photo I found on Pinterest and used as inspiration. But if I were duplicating this look which I think is easy to do with Chalk Paint. I would paint a solid coat of French Linen first. Then a wash of Scandinavian Pink. Then accents of Provence and Louis Blue. Finally Old White for highlights, edges and anywhere where the paint would be worn. Definitely clear wax. If I had the colors the way I wanted them I would probably skip the dark wax. If I did use it it would be minimal only in the corners and crevices. Dark Wax is a bit of a wild card for me because it doesn't just create shadows. The dark has a greenish tint under the brown,(I hope this makes sense) and sometimes I feel it makes things too green. Thanks for asking. I hope this helps. Leslie

      Delete