Vintage Chest in Hues of Louis Blue

Painted in separate layers, each coat is washed,
or rubbed back to create a time worn patina 




If you can't get enough of Louis Blue, check out my posts,  Duck Egg and Louis Blue,  Ralph Lauren Blue,  and  Chair of Many Colors


I like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  for my craft and furniture projects, but for walls nothing compares to Pure & Original Fresco Lime Paint. I love the natural variations of shades and tones the lime creates within one paint color. You have to see how gorgeous it is! Checkout my most recent interior design make overs with Fresco. It can be purchased online at www.502paint.com

Bohemian inspir

P.S  Pure and Original also makes a chalk based paint called Classico in 140 colors! Its amazing too!

12357029_1656390691305874_742157543163796326_o

2 comments:

  1. Are they done in order left to right? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth,
      This was actually an inspiration photo that I used for several pieces. It is a great example of how you can use Chalk Paint to get this look. Yes, these are the colors I used, left to right, usually only the 1st color solidly painted, in this case Napoleonic Blue. The rest of the colors are used in varying amounts, with Louis Blue being dominant. Although at first glance it looks light blue, to get an authentic looking patina several colors are used to create depth. I used this photo to show that it is very easy to get this beautiful finish. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete