A Denim Blue


This mirror was probably originally part of a dressing table, or vanity, but on its own I thought it still had interesting lines.  I wanted to paint it a denim blue that looks like old faded blue jeans. I used Graphite for the first coat. Aubusson Blue and Greek Blue each in light layers and also each mixed with Old White. Coco was used for additional shadows and Old White for highlights. Finished with clear wax.

If blue is a color you just can’t get enough of… you will love these posts, Trying Something New,  Chair of Many Colors  and Pop of Red

6 comments:

  1. I love this color and the different shades and hues, Leslie. It's just beautiful. You do awesome work. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire Leslie. I tell everyone about you. So glad you got to meet Brandy. Keep it up, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your color combinations. You just inspired me to paint an old lamp by using your layering technique. Please keep doing what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Happy,
      thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about your lamp project. I would also love to know what else you are working on. Thanks for inspiring me!
      Leslie

      Delete