French Curves



This lovely antique chandelier was covered with grime when I found it in a small local shop. Made of wrought iron and 36 inches in diameter it was very heavy and quite sturdy, with lovely, graceful lines. However, the paint was peeling and it needed new wiring. I almost left without it.

After cleaning and rewiring, I painted it in layers with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, using Old Violet, Louis Blue, Paris Grey, and Graphite.   Gilding wax was used for the gold accents.
One of my most satisfying and successful projects.

5 comments:

  1. So nice to see how ASCP works on metal and other surfaces....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing that it works on such diverse materials.Thanks, Leslie

      Delete
  2. Lovely. Amazing what a little elbow greese and good paint techiniques can do isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently discovered your blog and am amazed at your transformations. I am inspired! Could you give a lesson on how you layer the colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rita,
      Thank you! Yes, I'm currently working on some how-to videos on techniques. Hopefully they will be up on the blog in July.
      Leslie

      Delete