Color Choices




In addition to the color options shown in yesterday's post for the chest of drawers, here are six more Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® colors to consider.




Sometimes it can be difficult to make a color decision from a small swatch of paint. And although not an exact color match, these images are based on actual paint samples scanned into my computer. So what would you do?  Would you paint it in one of these colors?  Would you do something completely different? Or would you leave it the way it is now, painted in Paris Grey with dark wax.





Mixing standard colors in different amounts and combinations is a great way to create a diverse and unique color palette. To see some the custom colors you can make from Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®, see my posts, Mixing for Green, Mixing for Purple, and Mixing for Orange.
I like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  for my craft and furniture projects, but for walls nothing compares to Pure & Original Fresco Lime Paint. I love the natural variations of shades and tones the lime creates within one paint color. You have to see how gorgeous it is! Checkout my most recent interior design make overs with Fresco. It can be purchased online at www.502paint.com

Bohemian inspir

P.S  Pure and Original also makes a chalk based paint called Classico in 140 colors! Its amazing too!


12357029_1656390691305874_742157543163796326_o


11 comments:

  1. I mostly like the Louis Blue.... But it probably depends on what else is in the room, and if you want it to stand out or fade into the room.... Also Antoinette is very pretty, have yet to use it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Duck Egg! I'm thinking of using it on a buffet to give a little color to my dining room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all gorgeous. Choosing the colour is harder than actually doing the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed a strong concern on blogs about what colour would best bring out the character of single pieces. While this may be a fun game to play, or most relevant to the business person selling up-cycled furniture for cash, I really don't think it has that much value to the DIY audience in general or colour theory in particular. I tend to dislike blues and yellows; they aren't "my" colours. But I still use them in my colour pallets. Just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela, I appreciate your feedback. I'm still trying to determine which subjects are interesting and helpful and which ones are not. I'm glad you took the time to comment. It helps when I'm planning future posts. Best,
      Leslie

      Delete
  5. I really love the Louis Blue and the Cream from your previous post about this piece. One is cool, the other warm. The Country Gray is also very handsome. I think the color scheme of the room where you plan to use it should determine the color you choose. In a little girl's room, Paloma or Antoinette might look great, though outside that context I don't like either. It's a wonderful chest and I think it will look good no matter which color you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JD,
      thanks for commenting. I agree the context of the room will end up being the determining factor. There seem to be a few colors that everyone seems to like. This post offered an opportunity to highlight some colors that are often overlooked. After I finish the painting I will post. Would love to know what you think.
      Best,
      Leslie

      Delete
  6. Another great post! I really like Versailles. It is a beautiful soft color and imho, underrated by many. With your talent for hue and tone, it would be stunning and maybe get the 15 minutes of fame it deserves, lol.

    ReplyDelete